How do you choose your furniture and your garden room? What is the best set for a garden?
These are the best days of the year. Do you want to invest in beautiful furniture and a garden display to transform your garden and maximize your outdoor space? It is not just the inspiration that is lacking in garden planning with appropriate and trendy furniture. Magazines and specialized websites are full of beautiful gardens, each one better than the other! To make the best choice for your garden furniture, you should ask questions and reflect before you shop.
What are your garden furniture needs? What material should be used to create a beautiful and sustainable garden fair? What style would you like to see in your garden? A contemporary garden? Is it a bohemian or bucolic style garden? A festive garden ?
Rendez-vous deco’s “garden experts” will guide you step-by-step to select a garden fair.
– Sustainable in time and style
– To your liking and for a very long time
Easy to maintain, as you will be able to choose the right materials for your future garden fair.
Our advice and the design fairs we have chosen for you will make your summer “Home Sweet Home”-worthy!
1 – What are some of the most important questions to ask when choosing garden furniture?
To choose the best garden furniture, ask the right questions. Consider your garden as a room in your home.
These are the right questions to ask when you’re looking for garden furniture or a set of garden furniture:
- How big is your backyard?
It is important to consider the area available when choosing your garden furniture. You shouldn’t be too large in a small space. Remember that the size and layout of your garden will determine the size of your furniture. To save space, do you prefer stackable or cosus furniture? Do you need a storage space?
We all wish to have gardens that are beautiful and well-designed. However, it is important to know how to keep your budget in mind when selecting garden furniture.
- – What do you make of your garden?
You can organize long barbecue dinners or you might prefer to be in the “secret gardens” spirit and want to preserve a space that is not too furnished. In the first case, you will need to provide enough garden chairs and a large table. A beautiful garden sofa or angle sofa is a great choice for long festive evenings. You might also want to consider garden stools if you are feeling the “festive garden” vibe.
A simple table or two, along with a few long chairs, can be enough to create an intimate space in your garden.
- – Are other elements using the garden’s surface?
Shade, pergola, storage, a shed, or outdoor games are all possible with trees. This will help you plan how much space your garden furniture will take up.
- Is your garden well-shaded? Do you have enough space to accommodate your garden?
This is an important point to remember when choosing garden furniture materials. Metal that heats in sunlight should be avoided
- How to match your garden room materials to your terrace: What a garden shed to make a wooden terrace? You can choose from a concrete or natural terrace.
It doesn’t matter which material you use, it is more about the harmony between them: A wooden terrace is a good companion for natural materials like bamboo, rattan, and teck.
Natural materials can be used to create a concrete terrace..
2 – How do you choose the right material for your living room or garden furniture? What is a solid-garden room?
When choosing garden furniture, it is important to consider the material.
It’s difficult for garden planners to resist new trends. There is so much beauty in the photos! But always think and above all “use” to choose your garden furniture. This is a simple tip: Think about how much time you spend on your garden furniture. It is from here that your garden furniture will be strong and durable.
What criteria should you consider when selecting the materials for your garden furniture?
- – Your geographic location must be taken into account. From Brittany to South France to Corsica via Corsica, the sunshine, humidity level and time spent in a garden will all be different!
- You should also consider how much time you have to dedicate to maintaining your garden shed. Some materials require more care than others. This could be anything from simple maintenance for plastic or metal, to more extensive maintenance for rattan and teak. You will see that the maintenance of a teak room is different from a plastic one.
- – Do you prefer to have garden furniture in natural settings or with colors? The braided resin is very durable and will give your garden furniture a natural look, making it ideal for a garden fair. You should also keep the furniture consistent if you mix materials. Wood and metal can be a great combination for garden furniture. You can choose between metal and plastic for a wider variety of colors.
- Consider the durability of the materials. To choose the best garden furniture, think long-term. You can also consider your garden furniture as an interior piece. Think of it as a room in the house. Use a solid material and a design that will last. It might pay to choose a “natural” colour for your garden furniture, rather than a color you won’t like next summer. You will also have the option to change your garden decor by adding a few outdoor beanbags in bright colors. You should choose more expensive materials for furniture. However, a teak room will last a lifetime if it is well maintained.
3 – Which material should I choose for my garden furniture?
As you’ll see, choosing the right materials is important for a well-designed garden room. Here’s a summary of the most common materials used in the manufacture of garden furniture.
We can tell you everything about wood, metal, braided epoxy, rattan, and many other materials: strength, resistance and weathering or insects, lightness…
Teck for garden furniture
Teck was traditionally used to make boats. It is also ideal for outdoor use, as it is resistant to insects and humidity.
It is a high-quality gasoline used for high-end furniture. It is well suited for the outside world and will be with you for a very long period.
Rattan for garden furniture
The rattan is very trendy in recent years. You can either treat it or not for outside use. Some furniture should be kept out of the elements.
– Interior and exterior, rattan is elegant and chic. It’s ideal for a veranda, or terrace covered for example. It can also be very comfortable in the garden, depending on how it is treated.. You can find out more about Rattan in our article on Rattan Maintenance.
The braided Resin for Garden Furniture
The braided resin is very versatile and can be used to make garden furniture. The braided resin for outdoor furniture is a true chameleon material. It allows you to have garden furniture in a traditional or modern style.
The braided material can sometimes look like rattan, but it is much more durable. It is more resistant to heat, sun and humidity than other natural materials, and will last for a longer time. It requires less maintenance.
Oak for garden furniture
The oak is valued for its robustness and solidity, noble timber, and resistance par excellence.
Advantages: Oak is a high quality material that can be used to make outdoor furniture. It is durable, comfortable, and extremely aesthetic.
Eucalytus Cornis for garden furniture
It is highly aesthetic because of its durability and fine, shiny grain.
Advantages: It is cheaper than other wood species and is often used in mid-range furniture. Eucalyptus offers a natural rendering at a reasonable price.
Pine for garden furniture
Pine is a traditional wood used for furniture entry-level. It has a higher price than other species, but it still retains its beauty.
Advantages: Pine is a timeless material that can be used to make garden furniture at affordable prices and with good durability over time.
Acacia for garden furniture
It is used frequently for garden furniture, as it is more resistant than wood insects and to humidity.
Advantages: Acacia is a rapidly-growing wood essence which allows the creation of outdoor furniture at reasonable prices.
Aluminum for garden furniture
Aluminum is very common in garden furniture. It can be used alone or in a structure to support, for example, resin or rattan.
Aluminum is a great choice for furniture near the ocean or near a swimming-pool.
Aluminum is a light metal that can be used to make furniture for our gardens.
Metal for garden furniture
Use stainless steel in garden furniture, thanks to a variety of treatment options that make it totally outdoor-friendly (hot galvanized and Epoxy treatment
It allows you to get strong, stable garden furniture with a long life span. It is heavier than aluminum, but it is still very durable.
4 – How to choose a location for a garden shed
You’ve chosen the materials and the style. Now position your garden room wisely.
Place your garden room near your barbecue, on your terrace or in the kitchen to enjoy friendly meals with your family.
For more mobility and comfort, the furniture can be large or light, made of wood, braided resin or other materials.. To protect yourself from the sun and to plant an arbor, you can put up a design umbrella during summer.
Heating parasols can be used in winter but not for terrace installations.
5 – How can you choose the right garden fair based on the number of people attending?
To keep your privacy, choose a small round or square table with two chairs for moments together. A square table with an extension is ideal for families with two or more children. You can either eat in a larger space or be closer to your loved ones. A large rectangular or oval table is better for multi-country meals.