Actually the use of natural light in environments is one of the most present elements in architectural projects. Several factors lead to this search for the use of natural lighting, the function goes far beyond providing power to lighten residential environments, the addition to the economy generated by this type of lighting and the well-being caused to the occupants of the place are some of the benefits generate.
This technique uses sunlight in places in a strategic way, prioritizing the best angles, so that the lighting offered by the natural environment is better used and the environment becomes much lighter and beautiful. Studies realized have found that the use of natural light leads to a natural relaxation of the human being, generating a positive impact on people’s health and thein environment preservation.
The presence of sunlight occurs in several months of the year in many countries of the world and the use of this clean energy brings several benefits. Direct contact with sunlight has a direct relationship with body and mental healthy, and the impact of sunlight on human skin leads importance to the absorption of vitamin D, acting in calcium absorption and strengthening of bones, essential to avoid diseases such as rickets, scurvy and even depression.
One of the most important benefits of natural lighting is the savings offered, as it will lead to a smaller amount of lights on and also to a shorter time of use of them. A shorter time of use leads to lower electricity consumption and consequently to a cheaper electricity bill.
It is essential a well-made analysis of the plant and the space that you have to analyze the places of greatest focus of sunlight and taking advantage of the places that can be benefit most from this kind of light.
Another benefit experienced is the visual comfort that natural direct light generates, making it an ideal environment for reading and activities that require more concentration.
Some ways to harness natural light:
- Trim trees or any plants that may hinder the direct entry of sunlight
Use glass and windows and keep clean at all, it is important to remember that during winter, glass makes the environment a natural greenhouse and thus warms the place. Bet on tempered or laminated glasses, to thus filter the sunlight that enters and protect the environment
Don’t forget to use thin fabrics and light-colored curtains that cover the environment and do not completely prevent the sunlight entering
- Don’t exaggerate in use of strong colors, these absorb more sunlight and still heat up the place. Light, neutral colors are the best choice in this case.
Choose the right type of wood for flooring and furniture, as it can overheat the house and even create points that constipate the view.
Position the furniture so that it does not block the passage of light coming from the windows or any point in the space.
- A wonderful option is invest in Zenital Lighting, that is characterized by openings located in the roof of a structure, but different from traditional openings observed, we can say that every opening that comes from above is an example of Zenital Coverage. Despite the necessary investment that is required, it is an excellent option for large locations or where windows cannot capture enough natural light. A simple way to use this tecnic is replace common tiles to tiles made of glass.
There are new features like installing light shelves. They are small pieces installed within the environment that capture the sun’s rays and redirect the luminosity to specific areas.
- Install a skylight. This type of resource is characterized by piped openings in the roof that transfer the lighting to the rooms through reflective pipes. It is a good investment in areas of common living and still give charm and modernity to the architectural design.
- Build a winter garden. There is a simple way that can propriety more entrance of natural light that requires a very large remodeling in structural design. This design is characterized by creating light boxes, with glass walls that let in natural light from a window in the ceiling and perform a transformation that greatly beautifies any environment where it is built.